The garden’s doing well – a quick produce update:
- All our Lapland potatoes have sprouted and will get buried under another layer of soil and manure compost this week
- Our cucumber plants are flowering!
- We’ve germinated a couple of yellow courgette plants, which will go in soon
- Our chilli seeds aren’t coming up yet, but we’re still vaguely hopeful
- We’ve planted aubergine in the greenhouse, and strawberries in the strawberry pot – both shop bought rather than from seed
- Carrot seeds have gone in the ground – no joy as yet
- We’ve relocated the rhubarb as it was too shaded where it was. It’s struggling to thrive.
- The other courgette plant is coming along
- The potatoes in the planter are growing like crazy!
- The tomatoes are getting tall, but no flowers as yet
- Tonnes of nascent blueberries, apples and plums on those trees
- The olive tree is growing but not fruiting as yet
We’ve got another batch of seeds that need to go in and I have to patch and plant some new grass to help the garden recover from the Fiskars session, but on the whole its really all coming together nicely.